Artist Statement

Conventionally the space age began on October 4th, 1957, when the first artificial satellite of the Earth, Sputnik 1, was launched by the Soviet Union. Ever since then man has been intrigued by the thought of space as the final frontier. As a digital artist, my goal has been to create scenes that bring the beauty of the so distant galaxies closer to earth. Using photoshop and other digital media I create scenes of space comprising of planets, stars, and nebulas. I myself, have always been intrigued by the thought of far off planets and galaxies and hope you feel the same after viewing my blog.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Poster


I started this poster, advertising my work, by creating a blank black layer in photoshop. I then added noise to give it the star effect. After playing with the "brightness/contrast" and "levels" this stage of my star field was complete.










My next step was to create a glow around the stars, making them look more like nebulas. To do this I duplicated my star layer and filtered this new layer with a "gaussian blur." I then changed the mode of my star layer to "linear dodge." I altered the colour balance, and gave it a blue hue.










Next, I added in a couple brighter stars and the sun. To do this, I created a new layer and set the mode to "screen." I then rendered a couple "lens flares" altering the brightness of each one.










To finish it off, I added in the earth, altering different effects to make it look as realistic as possible. I also added in text with a radiant to make it fade into darkness with the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment