Artist Statement

Conventionally the space age began on October 4th, 1957, when the first artificial satellite of the Earth, Sputnik 1, was launched by the Soviet Union. Ever since then man has been intrigued by the thought of space as the final frontier. As a digital artist, my goal has been to create scenes that bring the beauty of the so distant galaxies closer to earth. Using photoshop and other digital media I create scenes of space comprising of planets, stars, and nebulas. I myself, have always been intrigued by the thought of far off planets and galaxies and hope you feel the same after viewing my blog.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Space Time Lapses


Equipment:
  • Shots taken with Nikon D50 18-250mm Tamron
  • Pclix Timer
  • Tripod
With a shutter speed of about 20-25 seconds for the star footage (found an interval of over 30 caused spin to look glitchy), I kept the ISO low. I left my camera in a safe place, away from possible nudges and bumps and remained patient while i captured hours of footage for each scene. Most of the shots are taken around my cottage in Muskoka (to avoid light pollution when shooting stars), or around Oakville. After loading my footage onto my macbook I used programs such as Quicktime and iMovie to speed up the time lapses and add desired effects.

Music:
The Thrill (Instrumental) - Wiz Khalifa

No comments:

Post a Comment